Nafion Dryer Purge Gas Method #4 – Split Sample Gas with Vacuum
6 views 1
- Most popular method used by Perma Pure customers by unit volume
- The split sample method is similar to the Reflux Method previously described except that it channels a portion of the sample gas through the Nafion tubing serving as the purge gas before the analyzer.
- Choose the split sample method if it is not possible or practical to route the analyzer exhaust back to the gas dryer.
- The dryer must be up-sized for the increased flow rate adding the portion used for the purge gas to the sample gas flow rate required for the analyzer.
- Additionally, the right purge gas amount will need to be selected to provide optimum drying performance.
- Provides a consistent dryness level at the output when run continuously.