How do Nafion Water to Gas Humidifiers Work?
- Liquid water is transported through the Nafion ® membrane and vaporized / evaporated once it reaches the other side
- Highest performance (water transfer)
- Can achieve high degree of humidity (up to 99% RH)
- Water must be circulated or heated to restore energy used in evaporation and de-ionized as ions in the water will reduce performance
- Water soluble compounds may dissolve into liquid water droplets on the inside of the tube surface
There are two ways to use a water-to-gas humidifier – the siphon feed and the circulation feed methods.