Field replacement of MD dryer elements longer than 48” is difficult without special equipment and is not recommended. The instructions below are for the 12”, 24” and 48” length models
- Hold the dryer end fitting assembly behind the rotating purge fitting carrier.
- Grip the end nut and rotate counter- clockwise to remove. Repeat for the opposite end.
- Gently pull the Nafion® tube element out of the housing just far enough to be able to remove the rubber ferrule. Remove the rubber ferrule.
- Remove the element by pulling the element out from the other end of the dryer housing.
- When installing the new element, handle the membrane tubing with gloves to prevent contaminating the tubing surface.
- Once the element is positioned with equal lengths protruding from each fitting, install the rubber ferrules about 1⁄4” from the end.
- Install the end nuts and tighten as much as possible by hand.